Monday 30 July 2012

Progress Report

Monday started with a call with the Idiot Manager where he imparted his mid year assessment of my performance. This was one of those unimaginative, stereotypical "What have you done well? What have you done not so well?" discussions and at the end of the call I was informed of the Management Teams current opinion...

... It is fair to say that I am quite happy with the assessment but, as they say, be careful what you wish for ...

... IM appears to like and trust me, and as a result, towards the end of the day he dumped two monumental piles of shit in my  in-box and asked me to support them on an ill defined basis. Both of these projects have incredibly short time frames and scopes that are as clear as mud. My job appears to be to take a look and work out what we can or can't do.

Away from work, I finished lifting the  Dining Room floor and started to consider our options for it's replacement. Chippy Ian is popping in later in the week to give us a professional opinion but our options appear to be to sort out the floor joists properly and lay a timber floor or pour in a concrete base and go with slate...

... A suspended timber floor is starting to look very expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment