Friday 7 October 2011

Urghh!

I didn't feel particularly chipper when I woke this morning. There was nothing I could identify as being wrong but I just didn't feel quite right.

Shrugging of this non-specific feeling of mailaise I started my day with a trip over to my Dad's house where I picked up him and his redundant freezer. We came back via the local Tip and after several circuits of the facility managed to deposit the aforementioned freezer, bags of patio rubble and green waste in the appropriate receptacles.

Once home we settled at the table to chat and drink coffee and this was the point that I realised that the last thing I wanted to do was to eat or drink anything. I started to feel most unwell. I was definitely going down with something ...

... and that something was presenting all of the symptoms of gastric flu. I had a fever, the shakes and other things that begin with "sh" too but I won't go in to that.

It is fair to say that I did very little for the remainder of the day other than attend a DVLA mandated eye test as my Driving Licence is up for renewal and have a hand-over call with Golfy as I am covering for him while he swans off to Spain for a week of golf and beer.

I was tucked up in bed by half past four and that is where I stayed for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. you ok badman? HOpe The Village aint being peppered by pv....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wotcha madbat,

    the Village is quite safe as I have had neither the energy or the bravery to stray that far from home :-)

    I'm just about over it now and we are just waiting for the decontamination crews to declare "all clear"*.

    Cheers

    bad man

    * some/all of the above may be poetic exaggeration

    ReplyDelete